The Baseball Draft Report

Home » Uncategorized » Back

Back

The reason for my extended time away from the site…

IMG_1461

The last three weeks (and two days) have been a little busy. Wonderful in a way that defies description, but busy. Still, I’ve found a way to sneak in some draft-related work during the brief moments of peace and quiet. One-handed typing has me a little behind where I’d like to be and there’s no guarantee I’ll get everything I wanted to get done — can you believe I was ready to push the big board to a cool thousand this year? — complete before Monday night, but I’m trying my best. The next 72 hours or so are going to be fun. If I do finish, I’m confident that the rankings you’ll see will be as good as anything else you’ll find on the internet. Price is right, too.

There’s something about this particular draft class that makes sense to me, and I think the work you’ll soon see will reflect that fact. I have more than enough information to slap together the kind of in-depth rankings I’d like to think I’m known for (inasmuch as a guy like me is known for anything), but I want this year’s draft day coverage to be as thorough as humanly possible. No corners are being cut. I’d like to keep it that way, but it’ll be up to how quickly I can type and how long I can keep my eyes open. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everybody who has checked in these last few weeks. I appreciate the patience and the loyalty. I apologize for not getting back to as many emails and comments as I would have liked to over the last few months. If I can sneak some quick replies in on Monday afternoon once everything else is complete, I will. In the meantime, go out and enjoy the weekend, watch some college ball, read all the expert coverage already out there (I’ve been hard on BA in recent years, but the little I’ve seen of their 2017 draft coverage so far this year has been outstanding)…but don’t forget to come back on Monday (hopefully) to see what I’ve got.

Advertisements

10 Comments

1. Todd Boss says:

Congratulations! Hey, we understand (at least those of us that blog and have kids). Do what you can, you don’t owe any of us anything 🙂

2. Thomas says:

Congrats man! Been following you for the past couple years for my deep fantasy baseball league that has its own amateur draft every year. Appreciate all the effort and love reading what you have to say!

3. mattacc31 says:

Welcome back. I agree the BA coverage is a huge improvement this year as well.

4. JO says:

Precious! All the best, Rob.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Many congratulations to you and your family
    Thank you for all the great work you do on this site it gives me great pleasure and hours of reading
    All the best from Scotland
    John

6. wcb3 says:

Rob, my name is Bill Bussing. My family has owned the Evansville franchise in the Frontier League for 17 years. We won the championship last year, but are playing only .500 baseball through the first month of this season.

Could I hire you to compile a list of the best college seniors who are not selected in this year’s draft? (I’ve made notes from previous blogs, but it’s sporadic.) Most of our position players from last year’s championship team are back, but, like every other independent team, we’re always looking for pitching. We could use some help with corner infielders as well.

This might be an unusual request, but thanks for considering it.

• Rob Ozga says:

I’d love to help out. If you could send me an email (robozga@gmail.com) with any additional information, that would be fantastic. Thanks a bunch for reaching out. Sounds like this could be a lot of fun.

7. Travis Lincoln says:

Congrats Rob!! Not a feeling like it in the world.

8. CD says:

Rob:

You’ve done good.

9. Ryan Molacek says:

Congratulations Rob! I always have thought you have done a great job of covering the draft and a better job than MLB.com. Even while adding a new member to your family, you still have managed to do a fantastic job of covering the draft.